Week In Review 10/6-10/12/2014
SB 2- BHS 0 (10/7/2014)
After a scoreless first half and the young Seahorses playing well, South Burlington came out scoring on a penalty kick followed by a late goal to hand the Seahorses their 7th loss of the season. I was very pleased with the way we played in the first half, having two good opportunities to score and the players possessing the ball and playing strong offensively and defensively.
BHS 3- Spaulding 2 (10/10/2014)
I decided to switch to a 4-4-2 to try and create more scoring opportunities against Spaulding. In the first 5 minutes, we had a defensive lapse and Spaulding’s first shot on goal was put in the back of the BHS net. Although our formation did not create a lot of scoring opportunities, we were able to put pressure on their defense, which made mistakes, and Burlington capitalized twice in the first half on direct kicks. 2-1 halftime lead. In the second half we went back to the more defensive approach with the 5-4-1 with Spaulding scoring midway through the second half to tie the score at 2-2. Julian scores his second goal with 7 minutes left to secure a very hard fought match. This was a game that the young Seahorses needed to win in order to improve their chances in reaching the playoffs. Madey Madey had a beautiful goal off his head in the first half to give BHS a 1-0 lead. We need to keep the momentum rolling into this week against St. Albans tomorrow and St. J on Wed. These two games could make a big difference between a 12th seed or an 8th seed.
Tuesday (10/14), 3:30. Field hockey field.
Thursday (10/16), 11:30. Turf.
Friday (10/17), ???
10/13 BHS vs. BFA at St. Albans, 4:00 p.m. (early dismissal 1:30)
10/15 BHS vs. St. Johnsbury at St. Johnsbury, 4:00 p.m. (bus departure at 12:30)
Thanks, as always, to the parents for being supportive.
Seven team rules were established by the players on August 20, 2014, during our camping trip in Northfield, Vt.
They are the following:
(1 ) Any player wishing to play club soccer during the school season is allowed as long as it does not interfere with the high school team. Players are not allowed to miss a high school practice or a game to participate on the club team.First offense: Dismissal from the team.
(2) Any player late for practice (Unexcused) under 10 minutes late, will run laps for every minute he is late. Over 10 minutes, gut buster (running-sprinting). 2nd offense: Miss next match
(3) Any players missing a game (Unexcused). First Offense, Miss next game. 2nd Offense: Dismissal from team.
(4) Any player cutting a class. First Offense: Make up the class, apologize to the teacher and to his teammates and coaches. 2nd Offensive: On field running and sit out first half of next game. 3rd Offense: Dismissal from team.
(5) Any player being disrespectful to teammates, coaches, opponents and officials, First offense: Will be taken off the field and sit remainder of the half. 2nd Offense: Will be taken off the field and miss remainder of the game plus the next game. Third Offense: Dismissal from team.
(6) Yellow Card, First Offense: Coaches decision. Red Card, First Offense: Sit out the next game. 2nd Offense: Dismissal from the team.
(7) Substance Abuse: First Offense: Will miss 20% of schedule regular season games.
The team has selected captains for the 2014-15 season they are: George Shaw, Owen Krisak and Peter Makuni