2016-17 BHS INDOOR TRACK AND FIELD COACHING STAFF
Nick Smith: Sprints Coach [email protected]
Tor Dworshak: Jumps Coach [email protected]
First Practice is Monday, November 28th. Meet in the cafeteria at 3:30 changed and ready for practice!
2017-18 BURLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL INDOOR TRACK AND FIELD RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO..
- Attend ALL practices and meets. If an athlete must miss practice, an email is expected BEFORE 3pm
- Have no more than 3 unexcused absences throughout the season
- Show up to practice with a positive attitude
- Put in full effort during practice times
- Respect their teammates and coaches
- Refrain from all inappropriate behavior (horseplay, name-calling, hazing, bullying, etc.)
- Keep phones put away during practice times, and only use minimally at meets (support your teammates instead!)
- Show up to practice prepared to be inside or outside. We have lots of unpredictable weather during the winter season, and practice location (inside or outside) could change at a moment’s notice. We WILL be outside sometimes when it’s cold- so be ready!
- Keep coaches updated and in the loop pertaining to any and all injuries. You are still expected to show up to practice if you’re injured and visit to the trainer as needed.
- Attend practice over winter break (as long as you are in town)
- Check out with coaches if you are leaving a meet with a parent. If an athlete is leaving the meet with someone else’s parent, they must have a note from their parent/guardian granting permission to ride with that specific person on that specific date. No exceptions.
If these expectations are not met, it will be up to the coaches’ discretion whether or not athletes will be allowed to compete and/or continue to be involved with the team.