2018-19 BHS INDOOR TRACK AND FIELD COACHING STAF
Brian McDonnell: Mid-Distance and Distance [email protected]
Ryan Robitaille: Distance, Hurdles, and Conditioning [email protected]
Emily Kollar: Short Sprints and Jumps [email protected]
Will Lynch: High Jump and Hurdles [email protected]
Registration: ONLINE all must be filled out before you can practice!
First Practice: Monday, November 26th 3:45. Meet in the Cafeteria. Every practice will start in the Caf unless told otherwise by a coach or captain.
- Practices are EVERY DAY 3:30 – 5:30 (In time for the 5:25 (?) 5:53/5:55 North Ave bus)
- If you have to miss practice due to an appointment or another legitimate reason, you need to email your coach.
Clothing needed EVERY DAY: Water bottle, running sneakers, athletic shorts, and a shirt, as well as clothing appropriate to go outside in the cold. A watch highly useful, especially for the Mid Distance and Long Distance crew.
2018-19 BURLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL INDOOR TRACK AND FIELD RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO..
Attend ALL practices and meets. If an athlete must miss practice, an email is expected BEFORE 3pm
- Show up to practice prepared to be inside or outside. We have lots of unpredictable weather during the winter season, and practice location (inside or outside) could change at a moment’s notice. We WILL be outside sometimes when it’s cold- so be ready!
- Keep coaches updated and in the loop pertaining to any and all injuries. You are still expected to show up to practice if you’re injured and visit the trainer as needed.
- Have no more than 3 unexcused absences throughout the season
- Show up to practice with a positive attitude
- Respect their teammates and coaches and practice and compete to the best of your ability.
- Attend practice over winter break (as long as you are in town)
- Check out with coaches if you are leaving a meet with a parent. If an athlete is leaving the meet with someone else’s parent, they must have a note from their parent/guardian granting permission to ride with that specific person on that specific date. No exceptions.
If these expectations are not met, it will be up to the coaches’ discretion whether or not athletes will be allowed to compete and/or continue to be involved with the team.
Meet Schedule (as of start of season)
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
- Saturday, December 22, 2018 @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
- Saturday, December 29, 2018 @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
- Saturday, January 5, 2019 @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
- Jan 5-7th, Dartmouth Invitational- Registration/info Lancertiming
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
- (Tentative) Saturday, January 26 @ PSU
- Saturday, February 16, 2019: STATE CHAMPIONSHIP @ UVM (CONFIRMED)
Up to Date Information about meets can be found at Vermont Indoor Track Association
There will be captains out of each Training group, with the potential for an assistant captain as well.
Captains will be enrolled in the Leadership Training with Mrs. Botelho.