Burlington High School Alpine Ski Team
2023-2024 Information Sheet
FIRST STEP TO JOIN: Sign up on via the BSDVT website:
● FIS 2013 certified helmet is required
● Properly fitting skis and boots
● Race Skis: Slalom/Giant Slalom (if only one, we suggest SL ski)
● Waterproof jacket, pants, gloves etc.
● Wicking base layers (no cotton)
● Poles and pole guards
● Goggles with lenses for day and night
● Optional- shin guards and chin guard for SL
Where to find equipment:
Local ski swaps:
South Burlington High School – Saturday, September 30, 9am-3pm
St. Michael’s College – Saturday, October 7, 2023, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM Sunday, October 8, 2023, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Cochran’s Ski Sale @ Camel’s Hump Middle School – Saturday, November 4, 8am-4pm
Sunday, November 5, 9am-1pm
Leasing Race Skis:
Alpine Shop in Burlington
● Dry land starting after Thanksgiving Break
● On snow starting mid-end of December or early January
● On snow times days and times – Tuesday 3:15-5:15 (Bus at 2:40); Wednesday 5:15-7:15 (Bus at 4:30)
Transportation: All students will be transported to the mountain for practices and races by bus leaving and returning to DtBHS. If you choose to drive yourself, please discuss with our Athletics Department.
Attendance at practices is required to race. In order to qualify for districts, racers must attend more than 50% of scheduled races and at least one race in each discipline (SL and GS). Support your team and hone your skills by attending every race.
Commitment: Races are on school days; we will try for an equal number of blue/white days, but you must talk to your teachers before races to get missing work. We recommend bringing your homework on the bus.